Former Honda Grom owner here
Close
Login to Your Account
Kawasaki Z125 Forum

This is a discussion on Former Honda Grom owner here within the Z125 Talk forums, part of the Kawasaki Z125 Forums category; I'm sure some of you may know me from HondaGrom.net -- while I no longer own my Honda Grom (ended up selling it and getting ...

Thread: Former Honda Grom owner here

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I'm sure some of you may know me from HondaGrom.net -- while I no longer own my Honda Grom (ended up selling it and getting a couple other bikes) -- I am interested in the Z125. I really like the looks. I'm curious about the power/top speed though for sure.

Just wanted to say hi to any other Grom owners who may have trickled over here.

Member #
    Member #
    Hi, yeah, I remember you from the GROM forum. I can't remember what mods you did to it but I'm sure it wasn't stock when you sold it. I was only lurking over there as I just didn't like the GROM enough to actually buy one, but I think this Z125 looks more developed to where I'm now more than interested. And $200 cheaper than the GROM is going to pay to have it painted right after delivery! I know I can't wait to be one of the first Z125s to turn up at my local GROM hangout and see their reaction. So are you still thinking about how much fun it was to tear into a new bike and start another buildup? I hope the aftermarket is quick to jump in as well since mine won't stay stock for long. You now thinking about getting one of these?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
    Hi, yeah, I remember you from the GROM forum. I can't remember what mods you did to it but I'm sure it wasn't stock when you sold it. I was only lurking over there as I just didn't like the GROM enough to actually buy one, but I think this Z125 looks more developed to where I'm now more than interested. And $200 cheaper than the GROM is going to pay to have it painted right after delivery! I know I can't wait to be one of the first Z125s to turn up at my local GROM hangout and see their reaction. So are you still thinking about how much fun it was to tear into a new bike and start another buildup? I hope the aftermarket is quick to jump in as well since mine won't stay stock for long. You now thinking about getting one of these?
    I didn't do a huge build, just exhaust (which I ended up removing) and some other small bits. There are tons of huge builds over there but mine wasn't one of them! What color are you thinking about going with?

• Remove Advertisements
    KawasakiZ125.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    I have a Grom also with minor mods and Ohlins suspension. I bought a Z125 about 5 weeks ago and don't have a lot of miles on it yet. Things I noticed (personal opinions) that are different: The Z125 "feels" faster. Granted we are talking about a 125, but it accelerates without much of a struggle in 4th gear up to 60 mph (I'm 185 LBS). Suspension is more comfortable than a stock Grom, not sure I will change it. I don't like the foot peg position. They feel more forward and up than the Grom, but I'm not sure I want to pay for a high quality set of Driven rearsets to correct. Overall, I like the bike to goof around on and would purchase again. Hope this helps.

Member #
    Member #
    Forgot to mention the Grom showed better on the dyno and should be faster overall in stock trim, the Z125 just "feels" faster with less struggle in 4th gear. I will eventually put the 2 side by side and see how they accelerate, but the Grom has minor mods of Brock's exhaust, DCR cam/head work, PCV/WB2 and airbox mods. Not as fast as many on the Grom forum, but I expect it will outpace the Z125 due to the mods. Everyone says they all loosen up at about 1,500 miles and improve on top speed.

Member #
    Member #
    Forgot to mention the Grom showed better on the dyno and should be faster overall in stock trim, the Z125 just "feels" faster with less struggle in 4th gear. I will eventually put the 2 side by side and see how they accelerate, but the Grom has minor mods of Brock's exhaust, DCR cam/head work, PCV/WB2 and airbox mods. Not as fast as many on the Grom forum, but I expect it will outpace the Z125 due to the mods. Everyone says they all loosen up at about 1,500 miles and improve on top speed.

• Sponsored Links